Is my private practice in Marietta, Georgia. I can also do distance counseling through an encrypted webcam server if you are in the state of Georgia. For a private consultation for counseling, call 770-308-0335 or email email@example.com. For more about me, read the blog post “Why Me?” Some things about me:
Perspective: Although my Acceptance and Commitment Therapy theoretical approach is firmly rooted in an integrated Christian worldview, I am also eclectically influenced by Logotherapy and Sand-tray World-play therapies. As a Christian therapist, there are many points where my worldview does not agree with these theoretical perspectives. I view the deepest desire of man to be one for peace and meaning. In New Testament texts, the Greek word for peace is eirene which also means “whole.” While I do see a purpose in reflecting on the past at times, I do focus on the present–being mindfully in the now as the client searches for meaning and tries to fill the deepest need of becoming whole. Because of my strong faith perspective, I will not be the right match for all clients.
- My goal from the beginning of counseling is to end counseling. I do not see therapy as a life-time process. I see it as a road to problem solving.
- I do not accept insurance, but I do carve out an amount of time for low income clients. I also offer a reduced hourly rate to alumni of DCS. My standard rate is $130 per session, three sessions for $300 or six sessions for $500. However, if you cannot afford that rate, let’s talk about payment alternatives. The initial consultation is $40.
- The first consultation session does not commit you to any further sessions. If we are not a fit, I will help you find someone who is….at any time in our relationship.
- I have various options for meeting places. I can have you meet at my physical office. Under certain conditions I can also meet face to face with you at your location. I am also trained to do distance counseling through the use of web cam on a HIPPA compliant site.
- My degrees are in education and in professional counseling. I have a B.S.Ed. from Armstrong University in English Education (1987), an M.A.T. in English Education from Georgia State University (1991), and an M.S. in Professional Counseling from Georgia State University (1998). I am ACSI certified in English, Counseling, and Administration and Supervision.
- I am a member of the Christian Association of Psychological Studies and The Association for Contextual Behavioral Science.
- My license is with the State. I am a Licensed Professional Counselor,license no. LPC008119. You may verify my license at sos.georgia.gov/PLB.